Benefits of Strength Exercises
Strength training is excellent for women, especially for women who are over 40.
As we get older, the density in our bones is getting lower. Women who are over 40 should do the following exercises in order to boost the density in their bones. What is more, strength exercises keep the body strong and fit, and prevent sarcopenia.
5 Most Effective Strength Exercises For Women Over 40
Burpees select few groups of muscles, and are easy to do.
- Your body should be brought in a squat position
- Jump on the feet and make a plank
- Go in a push-up position
- Bring your chest to the floor
- Return in the plank position
- Jump the feet back in to your hands
- Jump high in the air
- Elevate your arms above your head
- Raised legs
Yoga exercises select the core. You will need a yoga mat in order to do these exercises.
- Bring your legs together while you lay on your back
- Raise your legs up until your buttocks goes up a bit
- You should lower your legs back to the mat, but ensure yourself that they are still hovering in the air
- Keep your body in this position
- Raise your legs again and make a several repetitions.
Squats select core, glutes, quads, hips, and hamstrings.
- Stand and keep your feet apart.
- Align your knees with your ankles and your knees with your hips.
- Set your shoulders back
- Straight your arms and set them to the front.
- Your palms should be facing downward
- While you keep your shoulders and chest upright and your back straight, bend your knees
- Bring your hips below your knees while going down with your upper body
- Go back and make a several repetitions
Lunges will tone your back and legs.
- Roll your shoulders back and keep your upper body straight
- Engage your core and keep your chin pointed up
- With your right leg, step forward and bend your knees at 90 degrees. The front knee should be above your ankle, and the other knee should not touch the floor
- Bring the body to your heels, push it back and up, and make several repetitions
Planks select the core and few muscle groups
- Lay on your stomach
- With your elbows, support your upper body.
- Raise your body from the floor as if you do a push…
- Remember to stand on your toes
- Lock your knees and squeeze your glutes
- Hold your body in this position for 20 seconds while keeping your back straight
You have to do regular strength exercises in order to enjoy the most of its benefits. Try the mentioned exercises and you will see, which exercises are best for you. Benefits from strength training are: strong muscles, low risk of cardiovascular disease, low risk of diabetes type 2 and dense bones. Always take care of your body, and your will gain and enjoy healthy benefits.